Thursday, May 22, 2008

Well, this morning I was awake around 5. Not sure why, I just woke up. Rather than go turn on the news, I decided I'd just lay there and think about all the great things I've got going on in my life. I am more blessed than I usually acknowledge. But today, I was taking notice. So in my head I was singing at the top of my lungs in my best Pavarotti voice. "Hallelujah, Let my heart song sing to You." (Hallelujah sounds a lot like yodeling if you do it right!) It was a great moment. I think my Lord was blessed by my intentions. I was blessed by His presence. And my sleeping family was blessed that this was all taking place WITHIN me.

Well, Miss Bert's alarm went off about a 5:40. She had gone to lay down with Baylee, so naturally, her alarm was only an inconvenience to me. But as the alarm came on, the song on the radio just continued the morning worship. The FFH song "Lord Move, or Move Me" is one of those rare, easy listening, adult contemporary Christian songs that I actually like. It was a great morning already, and I hadn't even gotten out of bed.

Little did I know that God had used this time of worship to prepare me for what came next. As the DJ came on the radio, you could tell something was upsetting him. He admitted his heart was heavy, and then went on to explain about the death of Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest daughter who had been hit by a car that was being driven by her brother. My heart absolutely broke for this awesome ministry family. I will continue to pray for them and I guess I'd ask you to do the same. SCC sings a song that breaks my heart almost every time I hear it. As the father of a daughter, I think the chorus explains why:

(Cinderella)
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms'
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

Whether it's prophetic or not we'll never know. So many have experienced this heartbreak that comes as the clock strikes 12. I hold my little girl tight this morning and pray for those unable to do the same. Lord, heal the broken hearted.
jeff

No comments: