Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Reaping what you sow...



Well, there it is. For better or worse. This year's garden has been planted. Hopefully, we will reap what we have sown. There are 3 rows of beets (because my kids eat them in 5 gallon intervals). There are 16 bush beans, 2 different varieties of peppers, 4 different varieties of tomatoes, squash, carrots, cucumbers, watermelon and cantaloupe. Once the carrots break through and I see how well or not well they are doing, I will more than likely add about 3 more varieties of peppers.

One of the things I've noticed about gardening is that there are many similarities between it and being a minister. Jesus constantly used agricultural images to describe His and His Father's activity. And if you enlarge the picture, you can see there are tons of weeds already. Already, and it's only day 2. What I've learned in the past is that weeding the garden is a great time to pray for church folk and the ministries that we have going on.

I'll try and keep updating the photos every week or so in order for you to see what kind of progress or lack thereof I'm having. Also it will help you know if you need to adopt me and mine. If this years garden winds up like last years, you'll be able to sponsor us through Compassion International. (for what its worth, I lost heart in the weeding department last year and gave the garden over to them.)

Hope you're having a great spring. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for all sorts of New Life.

He Has Made Me Glad!

jeff

No comments: