Saturday, June 14, 2008

Home at last, Home at last, thank God Almighty, we are Home at Last!

We have made it back where we belong. Sometime around 1 AM Saturday Morning I pulled the rental van into the driveway. To my delight, there were a few folks gathered at the house to welcome me back. AT 1 AM!!!!!! While it's nice to be loved, I think ya'll need to get a night life.

We were supposed to fly into Nashville a little before 6 PM on Friday and drive home by around 8-ish. Well, United Airlines cancelled yet another of our flights. The only way we were going to get back to Kentucky from Chicago before MONDAY was to rent a van and take matters into our own hands. That's what we did. At 5 PM we pulled out of O'Hare Int. After 14 potty break stops for Reese, Sandra and Joey, we made it. Our luggage hasn't. And more than likely wont. Who know's where its at. All I know is that most of my clothes and all of my souvenirs are gone, for at least the time being. Hopefully we will hear something about them tonight.

At any rate. Thanks for your prayers and support and everything else while I was away. It was a good trip, but probably my only trip to Japan. 14 non-stop hours on the plane is way more than I care to ever do again. I am pretty wiped out. I took the van back to Reese today since I didn't return it to Nashville (Since we dont have luggage yet to pick up) and Reese's dad, who for all practical purposes is a stranger to me said, "Boy, you look bad!" So, I am looking forward to looking bad at church tomorrow and seeing all the folks who didn't want to wait around till 1 AM to welcome me home.

He Has Made Me Glad!
Dont fly United.
jeff

No comments: