Friday, October 08, 2010

Popayan, Day 2

Today has been another good day of work here at "Jesus is the Answer" Church. We began with a good breakfast of eggs, coffee and some sort of flatbread that is out of this world good. The hotel we are staying in has a tiny cafe just next door with barely enough room to seat the 13 of us. Its a hoot. The hotel staff seems to enjoy our humor, at least everytime we look at them they are laughing...at us or with us, I'm not sure...but laughter doeth the heart good.

At the church we began with devotions and had a wonderful time of prayer for so many who are struggling and suffering back home. At 8 AM we began our work, only stopping briefly for food and beverages until 6 PM. I have become very skilled in the art of bending rebar. My right arm is going to look like Popeye's when I get home...too bad my left one will still look like it belongs on Homer Simpson.

Just after lunch, I was asked to preach at a youth rally tomorrow night. So now I'm freaking out a little. Say a prayer for me if you dont mind.

Tonight after supper, we returned to the hotel and went across the street to the Exito. It's the Colombian version of Wal-Mart. Just like I do at home, I picked the one cart in the whole fleet that has a perpetual limp to the left. We bought coffee to bring home and some snacks, as well as another pack of socks for me...I dont how I did it, but somehow I got down here with only 3 pair of socks. I'm still on my first pair, but i dont know how much longer I can keep recycling.

God has really done some neat things in our short time here already. They will make great sermons, so I wont let them out just yet. All in all, today was a day where I was once again reminded of how blessed I am. I have a 5 hour shift of rebar bending tomorrow so I will cut this short. Thank you for your prayers and support.
He Has Made Me Glad!
Jeff

3 comments:

Karen & Jedd said...

Sounds like you are having a great time with the rebar. Keep at it. You are doing a great work, Popeye.
Prayers your way. Take care

sandra stence said...

wash out those stinky socks!!!! Thanks for blogging. We are enjoying reading them. Praying for you all daily. Mike wants a cup of that coffee. Love and prayers The Stence's

Anonymous said...

if you find any good cigars along the way, pick me up a couple. Thanks.

Wade