Friday, January 25, 2008

ATTABOY!!!

I have discovered something about myself that I think is worth documentation. I'm not very quick to give praise where praise is due, at least as relates to people. When people fall short of the expectations that I've placed on them, I'm usually fairly quick to make my disappointment known. But seldom am I as quick to give that public "attaboy" when things go as expected or even beyond expectations.

Today, I publicly want to go on the record of saying that New Hope Church is worthy to receive the praise that's due them, and if nothing else, they'll receive it from me. We had our first church board meetings of the year last night and I was blown away by the eagerness and willingness and desire to serve the Lord that was exhibited by those who came.

Sure, its the first meeting of the year, but...
Everyone seemed invigorated to work at the tasks appointed them. Noone seemed to show up with their own little petty agendas. And folks were smiling. (When God's People smile while serving Him, you know He's got to be smiling right back!)

We've got a huge year before us. We have some major decisions that have got to be made, some major changes in the way that we do what we do. Some of them are going to be extremely difficult decisions and moves to make. And yet, those placed in positions of leadership in the church, came to do their "chores" with glad hearts and eager spirit's.

I give God the praise today for the faithfulness I have seen, and I can't wait to see how that faithfulness shapes the future of this church.

He Has Made Me Glad!
jeff

No comments: