Monday, January 28, 2008

Another lesson learned.

OK, so right up there with with offering words of affirmation would have to be offering my own acknowledgement of failure. I'm not overly quick to owning up to those moments where I blow it. Well, I blew it, and I'm here to admit it.

I subjected the evening congregation yesterday to some grueling listening. At least that's the feedback I've received. I found a chapter in a book that was right where I was trying to communicate...so I did what semed best. Rather than give a book report, I just read a few pages of the book. Actually, more than a few...probably more like 7.

I knew this was stupid, kind of like the time I read John 4 to a group of inner-city kids. It was just way too much reading for my audience. But I coudn't stop myself.

So, I say again, I'm sorry for making all those wonderful folks at New Hope endure me. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss your blogs....What has happened???