Sunday, March 11, 2012

Everything's Different...Everything's the same

I'm not really sure where to even go with this tonight. So much has happened. So many things have taken place. Massive tornadoes bringing deathly devastation rocked our region a week and half ago. I moved from Paducah, KY to Fairfield, IL. I started a new ministry at the CP Church here in town. I've met a jillion people. Been involved in some disaster relief efforts. Spent the first of 12 weeks without my family. Not killed the dog yet. Got situated in a new office. Finally found my dress socks...in the box labeled "Movies & Games." Opened a new bank account. Seen tons and tons of friends. Am making many new ones too! Greeted the family in the new house for their first weekend trip. Almost figured out the new cable remote. DiMaggios. DiMaggios. DiMaggios. I've gagged at the taste of city water. Gone to the Women's Meeting. 3 Pork Burgers. Upwards Basketball. HOPE International. 90.9 The Vine. Preached a "First Sermon." So many new things, and yet in all the newness there has been a real familiarity to it all. The familiar presence of Christ and His reassuring arms around me remind me I am not alone in all of this. He still longs to order each step. He still fulfills His promise to never leave me nor forsake me. When I am nervous and afraid, He is still my Strong Tower. When I am uncertain, He is still my Wonderful Counselor. When I am alone, He is my Comfort. So while my life has sort of been turned upside down, nothing's really changed. Holding fast to the hand of He who is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow helps keep things in proper perspective. Everything's different...Everything's the same.

No comments: