Sunday, April 05, 2009

90 Days to Change My Life!

Ok, its Sunday Morning and the onslaught of ministry stuff is about to begin, but this was fresh on my mind and thought I'd get it out here before its gone.

One BIG number is looming on the horizon.

90

Its a terrifying number to me right now. At church we are going to begin the "Through the Bible in 90 Days." This is going to begin on the 13th, the Monday after Easter. Its part of a bigger plan to see and understand what the Lord's Vision for New Hope Church is really all about. To be honest, I'm not too concerned with this aspect of the number 90. I love to read and have no doubt that this will be a "walk in the Scriptural Park" for me. (I am praying for those of you who dont love to read so much, who dont read so well or are so busy that chopping out a half hour just for reading is going to be a struggle).

The part of the number 90 that has me a little concerned is the other side of my 90 Day Transformation. I was swept away by the allure of an infomercial. Yes, solid, stoic me was enticed. Its hard to believe, but I was. I am the owner of P90X body sculpting program. And from what I hear, its brutal. Beyond Brutal. But seems to work for most who stick with it. I need sculpting. Truthfully, I need more than an artists touch, I need body engineering. But they haven't made any infomercials for that yet, so I'll stick with what I've got.

For this, I could use your prayers. And I'll keep you updated on the journey, as if you really care. It should be an interesting 90 days.

No comments: