Friday, April 17, 2009

3 Things

Thing 1 I have completed day 5 and the pain has gotten somewhat less. I dont feel too bad physically. In fact, I'm starting to feel really good. I think I'm going to like this. There are already some small, yet noticeable changes. that's cool.

Thing 2 When I open my big, stupid mouth...Somebody please tell me to shut up!!!! I was saying the other day that the Bible reading part was going to be a non-issue for me. And certainly, the reading isn't a problem. However, since I have expressed my overconfidence in my abilities, my wonderful Lord has decided to see just how much I can handle. And so this week has been a barrage of "opportunities" for me to get to deal with. I'm going to make it, but I'm also learning to keep silent. There is a limit to what I am able to do. Might find myself in better shape relying on the Lord's abilities instead, eh?

Thing 3 Last night I became a soccer dad. What's more, I also became a soccer coach. What do I know about soccer, you ask...NOT A DANG THING. That's what. But the Lord gave me a bit of understanding. It went like this: THESE KIDS ARE 5. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE PLAN. THEY JUST WANT TO KICK THE BALL (and do a few cartwheels too). SO LET THEM KICK THE BALL AND HAVE FUN. And that's what we did. And it was fun. Sure, I was ready to throw myself under a train by the end of practice, but the kids had fun and I kinda did too. Our first game is TOMORROW!!!! I'll let you know how that goes.

He Has Made Me Glad!
jeff

No comments: