Friday, May 04, 2007

The PRINCESS turns 1 today!!!

I just cant believe it. My baby is a year old today. In some respects it seems like its only been a few months. In others, it seems like she ought to be about 7. She still doesn't sleep much, she only wants what she wants, when she wants it. She's tougher than most boys her age and is loud enough to make you go insane. But she's mine. All mine. And I have no intentions of sharing, so boys, dont even ask.

Baylee is the greatest. Just like her brother. They're both great in their own special ways. I still can't believe that both kids came from exactly the same place and yet they are both so different from one another.

We're on our way to granny's tonight for the family birthday party. It ought to be quite a big night. Mom has gone way overboard and Baylee will never know. 1 year olds just dont get stuff like that. They dont know they get presents, they just know that they get to have fun cause everybody they love is all in the same place. There's a lesson us big people could probably learn in that. Anyhow. I'm thankful to God for my daughter today (I am every day, but today is special). And I pray that He makes me able to be the sort of dad that she needs me to be.

No comments: