Friday, March 16, 2007

Reconnect

I just received a phone call this evening from an old, old friend. Hadn't heard or seen anything out of him for a number of years. It was good to hear his voice. Good to hear things were going well. Good to hear he has fought through a number of life's battles and has come out on the winning end.

Just talking to him tonight made me feel really great. It got me thinking about a whole wagon load of people I have not had any contact with in quite some time. I miss them. Apparently the hustle and bustle of life has cut in on what ought to be my true priorities, namely the people and relationships that I have with those I care about.

Though its not New Years, I find myself on the verge of making a resolution. I am resolving to reconnect with old friends and restore old relationships that shouldn't have been put out to pasture.

No comments: