Thursday, March 29, 2007

OK, here it goes.
Last night we had put our 3 year old in the tub. After we scrubbed him up real good, we gave him a few minutes to play in the water. That's the whole point of taking a bath after all. At any rate, I walked down the hall and noticed water dripping on to the floor from the sink. Not sure what to make of it, I investigated. When I walked into the bathroom, there was Hunter, holding the detachable nozzle and making a "Water Fountain." At least that's what he called it.

2 inches of water all over the floor. The walls. The vanity. The commode. Everything. I could have killed him. But then again, it was funny. Had it been somebody elses kid in somebody elses house, I'd have laughed till I puked. Eventually, I laughed that way even though it was my house and my kid.

You know, I find myself in the same "hot water" with my Heavenly Father. I do stupid stuff like that all the time. Not literally, but you know what I mean. I cant help but wonder if He laughs? Granted sin is sin and He certainly cant stand it, but I wonder if he's ever amused at the messes I get myself in, like I was at the mess of my kid.

Granted, there were consequences to Hunter's actions, but the entertainment level of his disobedience at least scored a little mercy. And Scripture says that "God is rich in mercy." What started out as a pain in the butt exercise in cleaning up the bathroom turned out to be a lesson I needed. Mercy turns wrath into the chuckles of Heaven.

No comments: