Monday, February 13, 2012

The Blizzard of 2012...rant!!!!!!!!

I'm going to break out of my recent pattern and rant for just a minute. If I only correctly used Scripure about half of the time, or showed up to preach every other Sunday...I'm pretty sure I'd be looking for a job. If half the patients sitting in my Dr's Office waiting room died there...I'm pretty sure Hawkeye would wind up giving prostate exams at the State Penn. If Michael Jordan only only made half the shots he took...he would've been sold to the Super Sonics after a marginal career for the Illini. If the Oil Change Guy only put in 3 quarts instead of the mandatory 6....he'd be enjoying his new position as "air pressure in the tires" guy. Are you following me here? If professional people only got it right half of the time, they'd no longer be professionals....they'd be unemployed. Today was the long awaited day it was supposed to snow. We've had Weather Service Winter Weather Advisory's. The Weather Forecasters on the TV have warned us of our impending doom. The mobile warning apps on my so-called smart phone have had me seeking shelter and solace in the arms of Jesus all day. And yet here I sit wondering how I'm going to make a snow man out of the mud and leaves I see in the front yard...contemplating the thigh-friction I'll produce making a sod angel in the yard...wondering just what in the sam heck I'm going to do with 15 loaves of bread and 4 gallons of milk...This is fraudulent! Absurd! Down right wrong. How can they toy with our emotions like that. How can they live with themselves, taunting school teachers and school children alike, with the hopes of a break from the hellish day they will certainly have tomorrow. There's got to be a petition we can sign, or a facebook fanpage or a group or something in farmville we can join, surely there's a "we are the 99%" protest we can be a part of. This lunacy has got to stop! This ends my rant. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

First Step said...

That was freaking hysterical! It's even funnier to me because Allen and I had the same type of conversation!

Wonder KY said...

12 slices of bread, 2 cups of milk, a dozen eggs and a pound of sausage. Make a wonderful breakfast casserole.