Friday, January 27, 2012

Smurfette is here!

Buenos dias mi amigos! At this ver moment i am sitting on the porch looking out over a valley thats approximately 30 miles wide. These mountains are truly incredible....footprints of a mighty God that bring me to my knees in praise! I will post photos when i get home. Words caanot begin to describe the beauty of this place.

Last night for our devotion we watched the movie Courageous, and though we were all very tired we were inspired by the Word as it was portrayed on screen. It was unanimous...we all want to be better me when we return home. Pray for us. I believe Scripture says something like iron sharpening iron, and that is certainly what it will take. One of the things im noticing is that as i miss my wife and children incredibly, im actually able to prayfor them with the intensity that captures Gods fervance. To keep this intensity when i return has the opportunity to be life changing for our whole family.

Most of us had warmish showers last night. Julian and i were the last 2 to get a shower....needless to say, i squeeled like a little girl. I went in a man and came out Smurfette. I have never been so blue or so cold in my entire life. we all slept well and are ready to work today. However, there is a minor snag...100 students from the Colegio are coming out to the camp today. We will wind up visiting and letting them practice their english on us. That will be cool, but not good for our projects. But likei said the other day, the work really isnt the important part.

Oh yeah, before iforget, pray that we can find a few heaters. Temps plummetted last night and we like to froze. Damp and about 45 with lots of missing windows. Boyce lit a fire in the fireplace of his cabin, but the flew was inadequate. It would have been great for smoking hams! Thankfully, not my cabin. Weve got a busy day ahead, so i need to go. The question i ended our devotion with last night is what i leave you with today...."what are you willing to do for God?". I pray youre doing that today!
Blessings!
Jeff

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haven't heard from you...on the blog...what's going on today.