Friday, January 20, 2012

It's that time of year again!

Next week I'll be leading yet another trip to Colombia, S.A. to ascend the Andes Mountains northeast of Cali, to the community of Dagua. Its mostly just a mountain top with several scattered homes and small business. But it is incredibly beautiful. The elevation is something like 90 jillion feet up...ok, not quite that high, but something like 7800 feet. More than a mile up. The oxygen is thin, and the weather is a little on the cool side. The 9 day forecast says Wednesday's high will be 66 and the low will be 64. I dont think I read that right because it seems to be much cooler than that at night. At that altitude, sunburns happen pretty fast during the afternoon when the sun is shining. Much of the time the clouds encompass us. Everything drips moisture...making it the most deep and luscious green place I've ever been.

The camp caretaker, Wilson, will fill our days with laughter...he is one of the most personable people I've met. I wish I knew more spanish than what I've learned off the menu at Los Amigos, because I'd love to sit and share stories with him. Mery, the camp director will be there supervising the kitchen...she will work way more than us...as we will eat like kings.

We will be building apartments in an upstairs dormitory to facilitate marriage retreats. Most of us have done drywall work at some point, but only a few in our group have worked with metal studs (Not a reference to Dee Snyder). It should be interesting as we figure this all out.

We hope to be worshipping in BeunaVentura on our Sunday. It is a coastal fishing/port city about 30 miles from the camp to the northeast. This will be a new twist to our schedule, and I am very excited about seeing a new part of the Colombian church. As always, we will be blessed more than we will be a blessing. I hope you will continue to check back and track our progress. Hopefully, all the high tech stuff I've arranged to work will actually work when I get there. It rarely works as I've planned and payed for, but who knows...maybe this time things will fall into place. If not, I will try and provide a review of our journey afterwards.

Keep us in your prayers, that we will be effective servants of Christ, giving Him all the glory He deserves, in whatever circumstances we find ourselves in.
Blessings,
jeff

No comments: