Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Last Things......................

Bags are Packed!!!!
48.8 & 49.4 pounds. Here's hoping the bathroom scales are close to accurate. Just wanted to throw a shout out while I still had a full sized keyboard.

As it stands now, there are 7 of us from New Hope, 1 from Fredonia, 1 from Graves Co. and one from San Francisco...all headed to Colombia in less than 24 hours. Some of us can't wait to get there and jump into some old and dear friendships, some of us are pretty nervous. Some of us score somewhere in between. But all of us cannot wait to see how our Lord shows up and brings glory to Himself. I'm starting to learn its less about the work that we do and more about the witness that we bear. Dont get me wrong, we'll work like dogs (which is easy to say as my Yorkie lays here on my feet sound asleep), but the work is just a means/excuse to be there.

During our devotional time, we will be using the movie "Courageous" and the accompanying Bible Study. My hope is that the 11 of us return home ready to step up to the plate and be the men we were made to be...in our homes, our church, our work and our communities. For me, I deeply desire to be a better husband and father. God has blessed me with such an amazing family, for me to fall short in their lives is no longer acceptable. I hope others on the trip will echo that same sentiment as well. The great part about the movie is that it is also in Spanish...which means our host family will be able to be a part of times of worship. Who knows, they may want to call up their neighbors and friends and view it together. From what I gather, masculine spirituality is struggling in Colombia as much as it is here.

So for now, I ask that you pray for our faithfulness when we cross your mind. That we might know what to say and how to say it when the Lord opens up the opportunity. Pray that we will all get along and dress ourselves up in smiles and laughter every morning. Pray that the joy of the Lord would be our strength and our song.
Thanks, and be blessed!

No comments: