Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I love REO SPEEDWAGON...

I really do. I've ditched the mullet that goes with my 80's rock affection, but my heart is still sporting one. The song was "Time for me to Fly" a total classic. Though the sentiment isn't the same, the time has come. Its time for ME to fly. My bags are finally packed. This morning I had 2 bags that weighed in at 55 pounds apiece. Were only allowed 2 at 50 pounds. After much consideration, I've left a bag snacks, 2 pairs of jeans, stuffed my Bible into my carry-on and gotten rid of a bunch of other little not-completely-necessary items. (The toilet seat being one of them...sorry Patrick)

I'm down to finishing up my little list of odds and ends jobs around the house and the church. Most of them are done, but Bert has made it clear that if I dont get the little hook put back up on the back of the bathroom door...dont come home!!! So I'm headed to the hardware store in just a minute.

Once I get that done, I will pick up the kids and we will spend our last night together before the trip. We're headed to Los Garcias for a Molcajete Azteca!!!! If I had another hand, I'd give it a 3 Thumbs Up. If you're ever in Paducah, let me know and I'll buy. Maybe.

I'm not worried at all about the trip. Colombia is an amazing place and the Colombian people are the bests hosts of anywhere I've ever been. My only nervous moments will take place just before the plane lifts off and right before it lands. It never fails that I remember: "airplanes are built by the lowest bidder" at these two times...every time I fly.

I'm sure I'll go through my regular routine tomorrow. here's how it looks:

1. I'll ask Jesus to be my Lord and Savior one more time.
2. I'll confess every sin I can remember.
3. Remind myself how much I love my family.
4. Wish I would have taken the bus.
5. Talk myself into trusting JC one more time as I remember my life is in His Hands.

I know...I'm a freak.
Country mouse really has NO business going to visit city mouse, but I'm doing it anyway.

Keep looking here and I'll try to keep you updated.
He Has Made Me Glad!
jeff

1 comment:

Naomi Bryson said...

I love you and your family, Jeff. You are the best thing that has happened to New Hope in a long time. God bless you, Bert, Hunter and Bailey. And thank you, thank you every day for the love and care that you have given my mother.