Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Final Preparations...

I am just about to finish up my preparations for next weeks mission trip to Cali, Colombia. Our trip will consist mostly of rewiring Camp el Coro. I'm sure I'll be about as useful at that as a bikini at a convent, I guess I'll be the photographer and gopher. We will be doing a few other things as well, so there will at least be the opportunity for me to get injured.

I am supposed to preach (my first bilingual sermon) in the Cali Central Church. I'm finding myself actually a little nerved out about this. But I'm sure I will survive. I have a sermon prepared already, I just hope I'm not offensive to my host culture...I'm told sometimes I'm a little that way in my own. YIKES!!!

Trying to get everything stuffed into two fifty pound suitcases is going to be an issue. I've got a tool belt, a circular saw and a rechargeable drill just to get things started. Toilet cleaner, TP, sheets and towels will take up the rest of the first bag. Clothes in the second one.

Went to 2 stores to get some clothes. I went to the used clothing store in Golconda, IL and bought t-shirts for a quarter a piece. The ladies there were really excited to know their stuff was headed to South America. Went to the Used Uniform Store(I think its called Wagoners) in Paducah yesterday to get some long sleeved work shirts. I got 2 Paducah Police Department shirts and shirt that used to belong to Tony and one that belonged to Bob. I'm really excited about becoming a Man in Uniform...I hear that the chicks really dig that.

Tomorrow I will try to figure out how to load about 20 movies on the ipod. I still dont have that stupid thing figured out yet. I need a 12 year old.

I also need about 8 pounds of beef jerky and I should be set to go.

I spent the better part of the morning at the Verizon store yesterday trying to make sure my phone and internet will work. If it does, I'll be shocked. But at least I tried. Derek at the Mall Store was a lot of help, and wished us Christ's blessings on our adventure.

We pull out next Wednesday Morning at 3 AM from the Lone Oak K-mart parking lot. If you're bored and awake, come on out and blow a party horn and wish us well. If you dont think you'll be up, let me know and we will call you on our way out of town.

Pray for us.
He Has Made Me Glad!
jeff

No comments: