Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Finally Found a SuperHero!


Recently, I posted about my disappointment over the new Justice League Movie. I'm not going back there again. Here's a pic of another Super Hero from my childhood. Speed Racer. I'm not technically sure if he meets all of the "super hero criteria," but who really cares all that much; he's a cartoon. But these recent thoughts of superhero's has reminded me of another superhero that has recently entered the scene.
OK, maybe not a superhero, but we have hired a youth pastor at our church. I'm certain we'll expect him to perform with amazing skill, ability, and yes...supernatural ability. We have high hopes.
It was a fairly long and drawn out process for us. And I'll be honest, it was very difficult as well. Not only did we want to hire the best of the best, but we wanted that "one perfect fit." On top of it all, we wanted to be certain we were hiring God's Person in His timing. Talk about a tall order to fill. Those who applied for this position didn't make the matter any easier. I'm so thankful for the people who worked so hard on this "project." Many gave lots of time, not only in public, but in private as well, praying over this huge decision for us.
At any rate, I'm pleased to welcome Drew Gray to the staff of New Hope Church. Drew will begin his duties during the second week of May. In the meantime, I hope you will be praying for Drew and his ministry among us. Stay tuned to future posts where I will try and give some suggestions for welcoming a new minister into the church.

No comments: