Monday, March 03, 2008

Famous Fishermen


What an exciting day for my son. That's him and his buddy Alyssa in the presence of fishing greatness. From Left to Right that's Roland Martin, Kevin VanDam and Bill Dance. They ran into these guys while spending a day in Nashville. I had previously been told that some of these guys weren't always the friendliest. Boy was I misinformed. My wife said these 3 couldn't have been any nicer. Thanks guys.
As an aside, what amazes me is that while having lunch, my wife looked over and said, "Hey, those guys are famous fishermen." I wasn't there, yet in my absence she recognized them. I'll be honest, I wouldn't be able to identify any of the stars from HGTV. Just when you think you know just how blessed you are to have a great wife, she pulls something like this and lets you know that you've only just scratched the surface of how awesome she really is.
Wives are great. Pastor's wives are formed in the throne room of heaven. I thank my wonderful God for the gift he gave me in Miss Bert.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww... how sweet! you do have a wonderful wife! -Janet!

Anonymous said...

Bert also has a wonderful husband. Some husbands don't think it's important to tell their wives how great they are. You are both very blessed to have each other.