Saturday, June 20, 2015

Wow!

Today was our first real day of action. It's been an impressive day. The Colombian folk have been amazing. Guillermo Arguello and staff at the Colegio Americano have done an excellent job. The shuttles have been pretty decent, and as always...the food has been superb. Worship was lively and the Renaissance Quartet from BU did a great job. They kind of broke from their Gospel bread and butter and did a little contemporary number. I was blessed.

Our hotel is pretty outstanding. In fact it's highly doubtful I'll ever stay in a place this nice again. Yesterday was mostly spent lounging by the pool and resting up from our journey to get get here. We ate empanadas and drank maƱana postobon. I wanted to go down to the stable and suit up for a match/game/round/contest of polo, but didn't have the time.

The Wooly Mammoth Woodpecker is still here. Today there were 2. Even if they end up tasting like chicken, I may go ahead and eat them just to shut them up. If these things were anywhere near home I'd visit Proving Grounds Taxidermy with a sackful of them. They're insane. Worse than 10 screaming kids at Wal-Mart. And yet...they're beautiful.

One of the local schools held a graduation prom here at our hotel last night....talk about a party. I have never heard the Macarena like I did last night at 12:30 am! Sadly, that was just the start. The other guests at the hotel said it lasted until 5 am. I slept through it somehow. Our glasses were rattling across the counter and the TV didn't go loud enough for us to hear it over la musica....but I slept right through it.

The kids are doing great. They made friends today, though neither actually learned the names of their new Colombian "Best" friends. THey have argued less than I thought they would...they seem to be eating about everything. And they have been impressed by the sights they've seen. All in all, I think they're having a blast.

I saw several old friends today from the U.S. as well as Colombia. Some genuine Hero's of the Faith. I met Marta Daza's mom, dad and sister. They are much more pleasant than Marta...kidding. But THEY are here. They all 3 could pass as sisters. (not the dad...he looks like a man).

We're all pretty exhausted. Not near enough sleep for the 16 hour day we had today. 16 hours in Wing Tips! Tomorrow we will be worshipping at numerous churches in the area. I'm looking forward to it. We will eat lunch with our host church and have some free time in the afternoon.

Want to give a shout out real quick to the folks at Citizens National Bank in Albion. Thank you for letting my parents see this blog. Hope you all have a great Fathers Day tomorrow. Praying blessings on our congregation in Fairfield tomorrow. I hope y'all have a great day of worship. Holton will do an excellent job.

Keep checking back for more info. if all goes well I'll be back!

Be a Blessing!

No comments: