Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Shifting Gears

Tomorrow begins the second part of our Colombian adventure. We will say goodbye to everyone at General Assembly and load into the bus, under Freddy's skillful ability, and head up the mountain. We've had a great time at the GA and everything has been superb. The host committee is to be commended for pulling off the nearly impossible task of connecting all these international dots. I'm glad to be moving on though. I'm not a very good tourist. I'd rather be working. Or at least telling everybody else what to do (I learned from John Lovelace!!). I really miss John and hate that he was unable to make the trip. John would've loved this. Especially to hug the necks of many of his spiritual children. John, every time I look around Colombia I can hear your voice and see your face. I'm praying Gods best for you tonight.

Anyhow, tonight I reflected on the fact that most of those who have invested in me spiritually were connected to this amazing country. Maybe that's got a lot to do with why I love it here so much. it connects me to the footprints of those who've tried to lead and guide me in the footsteps of Jesus.

Today we ate at a Brazilian restaurant. WOW! We made it to the 9th round of meat. Then surrendered to dessert. A peeled pineapple, dipped in butter, rolled in cinnamon and grilled. Whew Baby...that'll make ya slap yo mamma! Figuratively of course, mother.

Got some great deals in the mall. Swam at the pool and finished off with supper and a soccer game in the patio lounge.

Hopefully all the electro-gadgetry will still work on the mountain and I can keep you up to date. If not, don't worry if you don't hear from us....unless you see us on the news...then, WORRY. At supper, Bert told Sandra that if we die in a crash on our way up or down the mountain, not to spend the $$$ to ship us home. I said if we crashed on THAT mountain we'd be little more than a handful of dust. I seriously doubt we die, but...if we do...well, just remember we were happy, full of meat and coffee and serving Jesus. Not a bad exit strategy in my book!

Thanks for your prayers and keep them coming. Especially pray that our witness for Christ will be a strong one.
Until we talk again...

Be A Blessing