Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It was the best of times...it was the WORST of times!




OK, hopefully this picture will explain my previous post. "Leona" is really a great friend. OK, used to be. She suckered me into a wager of sorts while I was trying to preach one Sunday Morning. It went something like this: If we get 100 kids involved in our Vacation Bible School I'd wear a Kentucky Wildcats shirt to preach. Well, the deal kept changing and the Math they used to tally up the children was questionable. And the picture you see before you is the result.




If you'll notice, the look on my face is one of anguish. I now know how SuperMan feels when nailed with a Kryptonite-Clod. I was weak. Barely able to speak. I'm guessing all the slop from Kentucky Basketball was transferred to me through the jersey. At any rate, I kept my word. Which is something I will die trying to do, even if it was conned out of me.




At any rate, it wasn't about the jersey. It was about kids meeting Jesus. And since I was put on this pedestal, I will seize the day and preach from here!!! What are you doing to encourage kids to know Jesus Christ? If I can wear UK apparel, what can you do? Better yet, what will you do? The enemy will spare no expense, but sometimes we can be pretty cheap.




Anyhow, that's Tammy Brunston below, preparing for "Joe Dirt Night" at a Southern Illinois Miner's Baseball game. It's just a costume, not her regular wardrobe; she usually looks like Redneck. Thanks Tammy. I win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to hear a sermon on forgiveness!!